Before you apply
Before you apply for a Youthtown Grant there are few things that you need to know about the types of projects and organisation that we fund.
Who we fund
- Not-for-profit groups incorporated as a charitable organisation or an association promoting charitable purposes.
- Incorporated regional and community not-for-profit groups in the areas where the funds were generated (Check out our Venue Locations).
- Any amateur sports organisation which is an incorporated regional or community not for profit group that is affiliated to a recognised national body.
- We fund incorporated national organisations where the national organisation has clearly demonstrated that regional and community benefits will result from the grant.
What we fund
Grants that meet Youthtown Inc.’s Authorised Purpose:
- Development and operation of Youthtown programmes and facilities
- Encouragement and development of amateur youth sport and facilities in established and legally constituted sporting organizations
- Financial support for community based organisations that provide direct or indirect benefit to youth
What we do not fund (includes but not limited to):
- Retrospective expenditure
- Any venture where a Youthtown Inc. venue makes a clear commercial benefit from the grant
- Private, commercial or political purposes
- Projects that have already been funded by another source
- Multi-year grants
- Professional sports or non-affiliated or social sports clubs or teams
- Affiliation fees, memberships or subscriptions
- Prizes – cash or non-cash
- The horse-racing industry
When we fund
- The Grants Subcommittee meets monthly except for January (eleven times per year)
- The Grants meeting is generally held on the last Wednesday of the month.
- IMPORTANT! Applications submitted online between the first and the last day of the month are seen at the following month's Grants Meeting. Please see the dates below.
- Applicants are notified via email of their results within seven working days after the Grants Meeting.
|Opening Date:||Closing Date:||Seen at this Grants Meeting:|
|1 February 2018||28 February 2018||Wednesday 28 March 2018|
|1 March 2018||31 March 2018||Tuesday 24 April 2018|
|1 April 2018||30 April 2018||Wednesday 30 May 2018|
|1 May 2018||31 May 2018||Wednesday 27 June 2018|
|1 June 2018||30 June 2018||Wednesday 25 July 2018|
|1 July 2018||31 July 2018||Wednesday 29 August 2018|
|1 August 2018||31 August 2018||Wednesday 26 September 2018|
|1 September 2018||30 September 2018||Wednesday 31 October 2018|
|1 October 2018||31 October 2018||Wednesday 28 November 2018|
|1 November 2018||20 November 2018||Wednesday 12 December 2018|
|21 November 2018||31 January 2019||Wednesday 27 February 2019|
|1 February 2019||28 February 2019||Wednesday 28 March 2019|
- Only one successful grant application can be made by an organisation each year unless the Grants Committee (for grants up to $50,000), or the Board (for grants over $50,000) decide otherwise. This does not preclude local or regional bodies making applications where the national organisation has been the recipient of a successful grant application.
- At the discretion of Youthtown Inc, a successful recipient of a grant greater than $50,000 may be required to provide evidence of the community benefit generated by the granted funds.
Where we fund
Our policy is to return funds into the communities where those funds have been generated.
If you would like to know if Youthtown has a gaming venue in your region, click here to view our venue locations