Before you apply
Before you apply for a Youthtown Grant there are few things that you need to know about the types of projects and organisation that we fund.
Who we fund
- Not-for-profit groups incorporated as a charitable organisation or an association promoting charitable purposes.
- Incorporated regional and community not-for-profit groups in the areas where the funds were generated (Check out our Venue Locations).
- Any amateur sports organisation which is an incorporated regional or community not for profit group that is affiliated to a recognised national body.
- We fund incorporated national organisations where the national organisation has clearly demonstrated that regional and community benefits will result from the grant.
What we fund
Grants that meet Youthtown Inc.’s Authorised Purpose:
- Development and operation of Youthtown programmes and facilities
- Encouragement and development of amateur youth sport and facilities in established and legally constituted sporting organisations
- Encouragement and development of youth outdoors and cultural activities or programmes (including art,music and drama) and facilities in legally constituted organisations in community
- Financial support for community based organizations that provide direct or indirect benefits to groups of youth
- Any charitable purpose or any non-commercial purpose that is beneficial to the whole or a section of the community
What we do not fund (includes but not limited to):
- Retrospective expenditure (any dates or payments that have been made prior to the application being considered)
- Any venture where a Youthtown Inc. venue makes a clear commercial benefit from the grant
- Private, commercial or political purposes
- Projects that have already been funded by another source
- Multi-year grants
- Fundraising activities/ventures
- Professional sports or non-affiliated or social sports clubs or teams
- Affiliation fees, memberships or subscriptions
- Prizes – cash or non-cash
- The horse-racing industry
When we fund
- The Grants Subcommittee meets monthly except for January (eleven times per year)
- Applications submitted online between the first and the last day of the month are seen at the following month's Grants Meeting. Please see the dates below.
- Applicants are notified via email of their results within seven working days after the Grants Meeting.
Where we fund
Our policy is to return funds into the communities where those funds have been generated.
If you would like to know if Youthtown has a gaming venue in your region, click here to view our venue locations.